So I officially have a job. Well...I guess it's not official until I sign a bunch of papers with HR some time later this week. But today I received the call that the job offer was approved by all levels of approver type people and I'll be hearing from HR soon.
I cannot TELL you what a huge relief this is. This is - in my humble opinion - God rockin' a huge year of blessing. Wanna see?
- I was laid off in January and took the summer off to hang with my kids.
- I used my time off to hone my resume writing & figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up.
- I only started looking for a job (for real) in August.
- The average job search takes 4 months and mine only took a smidge over that.
- I only used my "networking" skills twice - which all the outplacement people tell me should have been the kiss of death.
- I applied to about 102 jobs through a myriad of different online job search engines.
- I probably only got phone interviews for 4 of those jobs.
- My severance lasted until...well...it would have run out in this next January.
- I've kept my house.
- I've paid off all non-house debt.
- I've been able to fund birthdays for two boys this year.
- I've been able to fund a pretty decent Christmas.
- I have been able to both tithe and give out of my surplus all year long.
- Even when things looked bleak and my hope waned, I knew I had friends and family that would risk our friendships by letting us move in (if the worst case happened).
- All the while, I received phone calls, emails, Facebook comments, etc., from friends, family and blogger pals telling me they were praying. Telling me it would work out. Encouraging me to never give up. I cannot TELL you how much that part mattered. If you prayed and encouraged me? I am asking God to heap huge gobs of blessings on you and your family.
So God has rocked me a state job with some pretty cool people. And in a state agency that helps the schools. An actual job I like to do, in a city I love, for a company that I feel good about.
I'm not sure how many times I can keep saying God rocks. But he does!