Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Who Doesn't Love Queen Latifa?

That's a rhetorical question.

I love the Queen. Latifa, that is. Liz is great but Ms. Latifa seems more like someone who would hang with me and mine.

Tonight I was tired. I was just wanting a movie to make me smile. I flipped through all the Showtime channels. Saw III? Pass. All the other movies didn't do it for me either. But then at 9:00 came 'Last Holiday' with our lovely Ms. Latifa. And Gerard Depardieu. Love him. And LL Cool J. His videos scare me but he seems very fun and down to earth.

I have to tell you, it's been a while since a movie has made me smile and really feel good. It's a silly premise but it really is fun. And the Queen makes it look normal to trust in and talk to God. Actually, the way she looks up and has little private chats with him in front of people is pretty much what I do all the time.

Anyway, I highly recommend this movie. It's the old "live life to its fullest" message. But I think a few of us could use a reminder of that.

And yes this one has been out for a while. But have you seen it? Go rent it. Or go see when it's on Showtime again. There you go. That's my movie recommendation. Take it while it lasts because I rarely see movies. Go. Go on, now. Go see it.

6 comments:

Sarakastic said...

I was sad to see that she was the new spokesman for jenny craig or weight watchers or some such thing because I think she's gorgeous. I saw this movie as well & didn't expect to like it because the previews for it just seemed silly, but I really really did like it.

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll watch for it on Showtime.

Kendra said...

Well, all righty, then! Think I'll have to do just that!!

Darlene said...

Mmmmmm nothing like a good movie night...

or afternoon...

or morning :)

xo darlene

Beck said...

I really enjoyed that movie, too!!

Trish Ryan said...

I totally dig her!
I hear she shops at Lord & Taylor...

;)