Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What Does My Birthday Say About Me?

I have so many blogger pals that totally crack me up. I wish I had more time to read blogs because I certainly need the levity. But Ellesappelle got me thinking with this post. What does my birthday say about me?

On October 20th, I will turn 43. It's a rather non-exciting age. So I thought I'd take this moment to see what my birth date might say about me.

Celebrities Sharing My Day:

Bela Lugosi born on October 20, 1882 - dude, it's Dracula! How cool is that?
Ferdinand "Jelly Roll" Morton born on October 20, 1890 - "Jelly Roll". Need I say more?
Olive Thomas born on October 20, 1894 - A silent film star, she was a Ziegfeld girl and the original flapper. Sweet.
Jean-Pierre Melville born on October 20, 1917 - French film maker. Zut alors!
Mickey Mantle born on October 20, 1931 - an amazing ball player with a bit of a drinking problem and trouble marriage. Hmm...
Tom Petty born on October 20, 1950 - singer/song writer who recently played the half time show at the Super Bowl. The performance made me think, "You need to stop now. Stop while you're ahead."
Vicente Engonga born on October 20, 1965 - born on my actual day of birth. A Spanish football player (that would be soccer to the silly Americans).
Snoop Dogg born on October 20, 1971 - Awww yah. I'm down with the Dogg.

Performers and entertainers. Coincidence? Oh sure you could say most "celebrities" are performers and entertainers. But I beg to differ. I don't share birthdays with historians, quantum physicists, great architects, poets or painters. I share them mostly with spot-light hogs. Now tell me if you think it's coincidence!

Now let's see if any historical events say anything about me. We'll start with events happening AFTER I was born:

1967 - A purported bigfoot is filmed by Patterson and Gimlin.
1971 - The Nepal stock exchange collapses.
1973 - The Saturday Night Massacre: President Nixon fires Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus after they refuse to fire Watergate prosecutor Archibald Cox, who is finally fired by Robert Bork.
1976 - The ferry George Prince is struck by a ship while crossing the Mississippi River between Destrehan and Luling, LA. Seventy-eight passengers and crew died; only 18 people aboard the ferry survived.
1977 - A plane carrying Lynyrd Skynyrd crashes in Mississippi, killing lead singer Ronnie Van Zant and guitarist Steve Gaines along with backup singer Cassie Gaines, the road manager, pilot, and co-pilot.
1982 - During the UEFA Cup match between FC Spartak Moscow and HFC Haarlem, 66 people are crushed to death in the Luzhniki disaster.
1991 - The Oakland Hills firestorm kills 25 and destroys 3,469 homes and apartments, causing more than $2 billion in damage.

Ok, I was going to try to twist around some events to make them look more dire than they really were but dang! I didn't even HAVE to. Allie, I'm getting worried.

Now let's look at my name and stats to see if anything can be made of those.

The letters in my name can be shifted around to make the following:
Eel Sent Testy - eel? Snake. Sent testy? The snake sent...discord? Hmmmm?
Steely Tenets - cold & unyielding beliefs.
Set Ye Nettles - plant stinging prickly plants.
Eyes Let Tents - the eyes let...um...stuff...into your...uh...tent? The eyes let stuff into the tent of your mind! Yah, that's it! I don't know what it means but it's very profound and mysterious sounding.

My zip code plus my SSN plus my street number equals 55703767. When you add those 8 numbers together, you get 40. Which is the number of years the Israelites wandered in the desert, pretty much because they were a whiny lot even after national-scale miracles, a visual presence of God and generally being dumb humans like the rest of us.

So if you look at people with my birth date, we're all in desperate need of attention and approval.

If you look at events on my birthday after I entered the world, apparently, I have wrought much disaster in this world.

If you look at the anagrams of my name, they speak of discord and discomfort...and tents.

And the numbers add up to years of punishment. I may not be the antichrist like Allie. But apparently, I'm one of her minions.

I probably never would have looked into my own broken nature like this if it weren't for the ridiculous amounts of forwarded (and unresearched) emails I've been getting telling me how each of the political candidates is the spawn of the dark one. Thank goodness my mass emailing friends and family have awakened me to my own horror!

And one reason I'm writing in the OTHER Palin for president:
http://michaelpalinforpresident.com/

2 comments:

Jane said...

You're only one year behind me :))

I'm going to have to research my birthday in the same way. I wonder if there will be some artists on the list?

I'm loving your study of the numbers too!!!

Allie said...

Haha, fantastic! I especially enjoyed the oh-so-logical path to the number 40.