Friday, November 20, 2009

Creative Friends: #3 In A Series

My weekly series on my creative friends requires care. Not everyone I know will appreciate my thoughts on their lives being plastered where anyone can see them. You know, like Johnny Depp is a very private guy. Hahahaha! Oh that was funny.

I figure the next pal can handle my blogging adoration:

Trish/Trish's Dishes
I'm pretty sure Trish was the first non-family member to start reading and commenting on my blog. I met Trish back in 2005 while I still lived in Boston. If you've followed my blog for a while, you know that story. I was going to link to a story about her but, after searching my blog, I realize that I write about her ALL the time.

Anyway, Trish is of a group that intimidates me. She's a Writer. She uses...like...words and stuff! I mean, what kind of craziness is that? She's the kind of person that can catch me using not correct grammerificationating. She knows the difference between 'effect' and 'affect'. She knows when to say "Trish and I" or "Trish and me". She can correctly use big words! These are scary people to me. I'm a former math major. A college drop out. A computer geek. I depend on spell check. I depend on hanging around with people like me who won't care when I end a sentence with a preposition...at.

Thankfully, Trish is as imperfect as she is awesomely talented. She is the last person to point the red correction pen at anyone. She is amused at my word makeupification.

Trish wrote a book back in 2008 called 'He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not'. I love it. I have given out probably 10 or more copies to family and friends. Quite a few people that read the copies I gave them told me how much they loved it. They could all relate. They loved her writing style. They were drawn in by her humor mixed with accessibility. I think a lot of women were able to relate to - if not all of it - parts of her story. My sister read it and then gave it to her teenage daughter to read. My niece loved it, too.

Trish just finished her 2nd book and I am eagerly awaiting its release next April. Book Anticipation rocks! And now Trish is trying her hand at a novel. Can't wait to read that one, too.

5 comments:

b-dub said...

I must find this tome! I may even learn something: English want my fort grownup.

Sarakastic said...

Both Trish and her book(s) are beyond awesome.

Also "I end a sentence with a preposition...at" made me laugh so hard that my laptop almost fell on the floor. Even if it had fallen on the floor it would have been worth it. That was amazing.

Trish Ryan said...

Aww...thank you! You rock. Even if you did call me Lord & Taylor lady for three whole weeks just because I wore that one preppy sweater :)

And by the way...I have no idea whether it's Lynette and I or Lynette and me...(or me and Lynette?) When you miss most of a semester of sophomore English with complications from having your wisdom teeth pulled, you miss some stuff. Embarrassing, but true.

Allie said...

Yay Trish!

Barrie said...

This was a very nice post.