Saturday, June 21, 2008

Another Friday Night Date

Be jealous. Be very jealous.

Last night, I went to the movies with two of the arguably cutest boys on the planet. I took the boys to see Kung Fu Panda at the theatre that is spitting distance from our house.



It is SO fun to see a movie in the theatre with your kids. It's NOT so fun to see it in a theatre with someone ELSE's kids. Fortunately, God gave me the grace not to strangle said other kids and we enjoyed the movie.

I have to say, this movie totally rocks. Totally safe for all ages, in my opinion. And Jack Black freakin' ROCKS. I don't care if he's live or animated - that man can crack me UP! The movie was a blast and totally worth the total price of over $38 (tickets + candy + water). My dates were worth it.

My sensitive little Pokemon Boy had trouble with one sad scene. Not during the movie but out in the car, afterwards. He has that trouble with all movies that have a sad scene - if the scene is done well - to tug at your heart strings. So he got it cried out and then we went home to bed.

Next week, the boys are asking me to take them to the new Disney-Pixar movie WALL-E. It looks great but I hate seeing movies on opening weekend. I won't brave those kinds of crowds with two little kids. But I will take them because I have more fun seeing a movie with them than with most adults.

My dates ROCK.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Sounds like so much fun! And Pokemon Boy is the sweetest thing, with his sensitivity. What awesome kids you have.