Tuesday, April 10, 2007

An Aside: Skin Like A 14 Yr Old

You know how I mentioned that I had sampled some sugar after my 40 day fasting from said evil? Yah. Well, I'm 41 and now my face looks more like I'm 14. I blame last night's Dr. Pepper and the tiramisu. And the samples of my homemade lemonade I had earlier. And society. I blame society. Don't know why. I just do. I'm sure they're responsible for this break out as sure as they're responsible for those kid's CDs with kids singing "popular" songs - with lyrics completely inappropriate for their age. (You can all thank the TV right next to me for that last bit.)

After hearing my whiney lament, hubby stated, "'Acne goes away'! Ha! That's the biggest lie they ever tell you when you're young." I wouldn't go as far as calling it "acne". But I get his point.

File this one under "Tourette's Mom needs to get a grip on her vanity."

12 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

On behalf of society, I'm sorry....

:)

Allie said...

Ugh, acne. I feel your pain. You're right, none of the things they tell you about it are true.

Kristen said...

OMG, my skin is WORSE now than when I was young! And, back then, I lived on Jolt, potato chips, and ice cream.

I'll blame society, too.

But, tiramisu is worth it! :-)

Wanda said...

Hey You can go ahead and get a grip on your vanity....I want a grip on that dessert!!!!
Yummy, and wash it down with Dr. Pepper!
Cute Post! Made me laugh!!

Stacy said...

Don't blame the tiramisu. The Dr. Pepper maybe, but tiramisu, no. Society is definitely to blame.

Jane said...

Oh, I feel your pain. Last summer I experimented with eye creams and mud masks in hopes of minimizing those wrinkles. I'm finally at the point of having to just accept the aging process. But, hon that dessert sure looks like it worth the skin woes :)) Happy Wednesday, Lynette!

Beck said...

Ah, acne, my arch nemisis. I don't mind it so much now, because I think (somewhat stupidly) that it makes me look younger. Yeah.

Kendra said...

gotta be environmental, that break out stuff. Bad air quality. Surely not Dr. Pepper or yummy deserts!! love you -
k

Sarakastic said...

For some reason I thought those few minor blemishes would go away before I started getting wrinkles, nope. Blast Rory & her perfect skin. Actually if when I saw sisterhood of the traveling pants, I noticed that her skin isn't nearly as flawless as it is on Gilmore Girls, their makeup artist needs to be my friend

Angela Marie said...

My skin is worse than when I was in High School! I think it is called... adult acne. uh, yeah.

I feel for you sweetie.

Wanda said...

Hey don't you know I feel like you're a soul sister. It seems our lives parallel in so many ways...our beliefs, our love of sweets, our cookie and pie baking...Oh it goes on and on...Could we meet some day?

The recipe for the cookies is so simple. It's the recipe on the lid of Quaker Oats (Quick 1 Minute). The difference is I add chocolate chips instead of raisins, and if it says cook 10 min. I cook 8. I always underbake cookies by a couple of minutes, that way they finish baking on the pan while I'm removing them. Makes them soft and chewy instead of hard and crisp.

However, if you like you cookies crisp...stick to the time recommended.)

Oh the other thing....I only use a mixer on the first part..butter (I use real), sugar, eggs and vanilla) Then I use my big old fashioned spoon after adding flour...etc.

Love and Hugs
The Cookie Lady

Kristi Harrison said...

Mmmm....dr. pepper...