Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm Human. So Sue me.

Funny thing about those giant fluorescent pink blinking neon signs....

If you turn away from them and cup your hands around your eyes, you can just almost make the blinking pink light disappear. Then you can pretend that you might have been mistaken about the giant fluorescent pink blinking neon sign you just saw. Or maybe imagined.

So I did this on Saturday and Sunday when my future ex came back to Texas. But yesterday, God gave a friend of mine a dream (and he gives her some SERIOUS dreams). It clearly pointed back to the giant fluorescent pink blinking neon sign and that it was real. And last night, God gave me dreams to remind me of all the poopy things future ex has done.

So now I think God has surrounded me with giant blinking neon signs. And because he knows I appreciate such a thing, he gave me one in each fluorescent color. So it's informative AND pleasing to the eye.

I'll tell you the dream: my friend came to my door. When I answered the door, the house was pristine and sparkling clean. She said it was just beautiful and amazing and I kept telling her how my mom had cleaned it. She didn't want to come in because it was so beautiful and perfect. Then she saw future ex walking into another house - not mine. She didn't know what it all meant but thought my mom would.

My mom said that the house is my house or my spiritual existence. It was separate from him and it was clean - fresh - renewed. She said that is just exactly what she thought when she heard the dream. I believe the dream & my mom's interpretation are from God.

I'm cleaning house, ladies.

9 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

Amen to that. Use bleach. (But don't mix it with ammonia). Scrubbing is cathartic AND effective.

You know God is on your side when he moves beyond the usual array of pastels and primaries and blankets you with neon.

Sarakastic said...

Sorry the flashing neon signs didn't say what you wanted, but aren't you glad that God loves you enough to send them.

Wanda said...

Thank God for Moms, Thank God for friends, Thank God for people willing to listen to Him speak in strange and amazing ways.
I see that sparkling clean house as your purity in Christ!
I love you L.
Many prayers....

Allie said...

As Trish said, "amen to that". (I love that phrase!)

Stacy said...

Glad that your mom and friends are supporting you during this time.

j said...

Glad you're with people who love and value you. Still praying for you...

Kristen said...

Just checking in to say I love you and am thinking of you. I'll try to catch you on IM later.

Wanda said...

Hi Sweet Lady! Had you on my mind and heart so heavy lately, just wanted to stop by and say...I love you. You are so valuable to your boys, your family, your friends, but most of all to our Heavenly Father that holds your breaking heart in his hands.
Loving on you today!

Wanda said...

Just stopping by to say Hi. Thanks for your email....you are very special to me.
Love and prayers...always.
XOXO W.